We are committed to providing accurate information to help you to make an educated decision about how, and where, your personal information is stored, processed and used.
By accessing the website or providing information, you agree to our privacy practices as set out in this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
You may contact FiveEightTen using the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Which information FiveEightTen collects from you
Personal data represents any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, and an identifiable person is that person that may be identified directly or indirectly, particularly by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to its physical, psychological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
We will collect and process information in order to provide our services from the following individuals:
- Clients, prospects and service providers’ representatives or contact points
- Representatives of the companies we research or engage with
- Participants to events
- Candidates, visitors and web site users
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations.
If you are our client, a prospect or the representative, contact person or employee thereof:
- Information that you provide when entering into a contract with FiveEightTen will be processed to enable us to execute the contract, to grant you access to our services and products, and for fiscal, billing and audit purposes. Data gathered includes name, title, contact details (business e-mail and telephone number), and other relevant information depending on the contract typology.
- If you are the representative, an employee or contact person of our clients, information that your employer provides us for the performance of our contract includes: name, title and contact details (e-mail and telephone number). This is used to grant you access to our platforms, services, research and data, as well as to monitor usage of our services and report to your employer.
If you are a representative of the companies we research or engage with:
- If you are a representative or hold an executive position in the corporate governance structure of a company that we research or engage with, we may use publicly available information regarding your name, title, remuneration, public allegations or records on administrative, employment or criminal misconduct, contact details, professional background, education or professional body affiliations (e.g. trade unions).
- If you are the contact person of a company that we research or engage with, we may use your publicly available contact details to ask for your company’s feedback on FiveEightTen’s research and products, or to invite your company to join our engagement programs.
If you are a participant to our events or to an event we are also attending:
- If you are attending an engagement call/ meeting, we will collect your: name, e-mail address, phone number, details about the company you represent as well as the information you provide during the event, and will reflect them in our engagement reports (deliverables).
- If you are attending an event for which the organizers are sharing contact details among the invitees, or where you have shared your business card, we may collect and keep a record of them. If we further contact you, we will provide details as to how your data is being used and ask your consent about it.
- If you are attending an on-line event that we are organizing and recording (such as a webinar or conference), we may keep a record of the information you have made available in this context: name, contact details, picture, audio and or video recording of your voice and face. If we are the event organiser, we will inform you whenever such events may be recorded, ask for your consent, and provide details on how your data is being used.
If you are our service provider or the representatives, contact persons or employee thereof:
- Information that you provide when entering into a contract with FiveEightTen. This includes name, title, contact details (e-mail and telephone number), and other relevant information depending on the contract typology.
- Information that your employer – our service provider – presents us with, if you are the representative, an employee or contact person thereof: name, title and contact details (e-mail and telephone number).
If you are visitor or a user of our website or platforms:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website: name, e-mail address, telephone number, details about the company you represent.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, for audit purposes.
- Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to any FiveEightTen websites (including our social media accounts, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook).
- Any comments or information that you provide about any of our platforms.
- Our website collects information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is used for system administration, to filter site traffic, to look up user domains, and to report on site statistics.
- Details of your visits to our website and access to our resources (including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data). Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
- Details of your visits and usage of our platforms and resources you access (including but not limited to, research accessed, reports downloaded, traffic, session and location data, weblogs and other communication data).
If you are a job/internship applicant:
- The categories of data processed in the context of our relationship are your name, e-mail, phone, fax, address, and other personal data included in your CV, including but not limited to education and training details or professional qualifications.
How we collect your information
Directly from You:
when entering into contracts with us, either on behalf of clients or service providers, when interacting with us as part of our research and engagement activities, when visiting our website and on-line platforms and you explicitly provide your data for different purposes such as for receiving newsletters, when directly sending us your resumes for a possible collaboration with us, as well as when becoming part of our team as a board member, member of the executive team, employee or intern.
When the data is required directly from you, we kindly ask you to provide all categories of personal data we request for the relevant purposes, as otherwise we shall not be able to carry out part of our all our activity, including, among others, to provide you with our services.
- Our sites’ or platforms’ technology: this includes data about our clients, prospects, visitors or candidates;
- Conferences and events’ organisers: this includes data about our prospects and potential clients;
- Your employer: if they are our client or acting as our service provider: this includes data about representatives, employees or other contact persons of, and indicated by our clients or service providers;
- Subject companies that we research or engage with: this includes data about senior executives, investors’ relations or representatives or other contact persons of, and indicated by the companies we research or engage with.
If your data is being provided by an event organizer or by your employer, we will take reasonable measures to ensure you have been informed about your data being processed by FiveEightTen. In any case, FiveEightTen is committed to respect your rights and answer your questions regarding the way we use your data.
- Third parties acting as our data suppliers: data collected either from publicly available sources (researchers who provide us information about senior executives and other representatives of the companies we research or engage with), or data about candidate employees shared with us by our recruitment agencies or temporary work agencies;
- Public sources: data collected by us from publicly available sources (such as public websites of companies that we research or engage with, stock exchange websites, public media, etc.).
While this information is publicly available, FiveEightTen is committed to respect your rights and answer your questions regarding the way we use your data.
How FiveEightTen might use your information
We use information held about you in order to administer any contracts between you and us and for the legitimate interests of our business.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about products or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
- We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may aggregate your data into an anonymised form to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the website are of most interest to visitors.
Who FiveEightTen might share your information with
We may from time-to-time make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with FiveEightTen, such as the following:
- Service providers such as the technology platforms we use to support our business who provide services such as information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
- n the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, in which case personal data we hold about our customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
If we engage a third party to process an individual’s personal data on our behalf, that third party will be bound by our data privacy policies or have similar contractual obligations in relation to the storage and processing of your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
What about sensitive personal data?
We generally do not seek to collect sensitive personal data. In the limited cases we do so, this shall be done in accordance with local data privacy law requirements. When this is the case, such data shall be collected from public sources and may include: political opinions, philosophical or other similar beliefs, trade union, profession or trade association membership, or misconduct allegations, that may include publicly available criminal records.
The term “sensitive personal data” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by EU and other data privacy laws as requiring special treatment. These categories may include personal identity numbers, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, trade union, profession or trade association membership, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sexual life, or criminal record (including information about suspected criminal activities).
International transfers of personal data
From time to time, we may transfer your personal information to our internationally based offices, suppliers or service providers based outside of the EEA for the purposes described in this policy. If we do this, your personal information will continue to be subject to one or more appropriate safeguards set out in the law.
You have the right to ask us not to process, or to stop processing, your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us on the details set out below in the ‘Contact’ section.
How you can access and update your data
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is called a subject access request. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge except in exceptional circumstances.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us so that we can locate your personal information.
We strive to maintain accurate, complete, and relevant personal information for the purposes identified in this privacy statement. If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more or to have your information deleted or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. You also have the right to port your personal data in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details set out below in the ‘Contact’ section.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory data protection body that regulates us if you have concerns about how we use your personal information. For information on how to do this, please see the ‘Contact’ section.
Security precautions in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
- Physical security and access to all FiveEightTen’s premises;
- All access to computer hardware is password protected, with encryption and default security firewalls in place;
- Staff access to personal information is given on a need to know basis only. Tight controls, consistent with the Payment Card Industry standard, are maintained in relation to the use, storage and processing of PII credit card data; and
- Regular training of staff in relation to storage.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Any content, including personal information, that you contribute to be shared, published or transmitted to other users of the website, is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of any of the website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your content, including personal information, that you contribute to be shared, published or displayed on a website, or transmitted to other users of a website, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages. Although we take efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to a website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Our websites may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us to improve and to deliver a better and more personalised service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to better customise the services according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognise you when you return to the website; and
- Deliver targeted advertising based on products or content you have shown an interest in.
You can change your cookie settings at any time via your browser ‘preferences’ or ‘settings’ menu, usually in a privacy and security section. You can choose to block cookies here, but this will mean that certain features of our website and many others may not work properly. You can also ask for alerts about cookies, see the cookies stored on your computer, and choose to remove or block particular cookies.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or about our privacy practices, please e-mail us at: email@example.com, or write to our Headquarters office at:
FiveEightTen, 78 York Street, W1H 1DP London, United Kingdom